CORONAVIRUS 1st December
Throughout the Coronavirus crisis Reading Rambling Club has been following the lead set by Ramblers. Their website now states that “Covid-secure walks can restart from Wednesday 2 December – our walks are exempt from the ‘rule of six’ in all local restriction tiers”. Therefore RRC walks will recommence on Sunday 6th December following the guidance given below.
- Observe the social distancing rules before, during and after a walk.
- Not attend if feeling unwell (high temperature, persistent cough etc.), have been advised to self-isolate or living with someone who is self-isolating or displaying symptoms of Covid 19.
- Be prepared to stand aside when encountering anyone coming in the opposite direction.
- Not share items such as walking poles and minimize any contact with objects, e.g. gates, stiles etc.
- Avoid using public transport and car sharing.
- Take hand sanitizer if available.
- The wearing of face coverings is optional depending on personal preference.
- Be aware your attendance on a walk will be noted and this information kept for 21 days and if necessary passed to NHS Contact Tracing.
- If any member becomes unwell within 48 hours of attending a walk they should apply for a Covid 19 test and inform the leader.
- Avoid, as far as possible, using narrow enclosed paths.
- Keep a note of attendees (this may be by list or photograph) for 21 days after which the information should be destroyed.
- If a member subsequently reports feeling unwell the leader should inform the Programme Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org or any committee member who will inform NHS Contact Tracing.
- Leaders should carry a face covering in case of the need to approach closely to anyone.
- Leaders who are unable, or would prefer not, to lead their walk contact the Programme Secretary, email@example.com and I will remove the walk from the website.
And remember to KEEP CHECKING THIS WEBSITE PAGE
PROGRAMME OF WALKS
You are advised to check times of public transport before use.
For a map showing the start point click on the Grid Reference - the blue letters and numbers.
New members: we usually stop for a picnic lunch on Wednesday walks.
All landline telephone numbers are Reading code (0118) unless stated otherwise
Sun 06 Dec – Up the Clumps, 8 miles.
Meet 10:00am in public car park on north side of Dorchester Bridge, SU579940. 8 miles via Little Wittenham, Wittenham Clumps, Shillingford, Warborough. No cooling towers in sight.
Dave 947 5074, mob 07972 580232.
Wed 09 Dec – Wokefield Common, 5 miles.
Meet 10:30am at Mortimer village car park SU655646. Warm mulled wine and mince pies to alert the Christmas spirit; then a 5 mile walk over Wokefield Common.
Tom 988 2515, mob 07483 227836.
Sun 13 Dec – Over Ashley Hill, 8 miles.
Meet 10:00am in The Horns pub car park, Crazies Hill, SU800809, RG10 8LY. 8 miles via Warren Row and Ashley Hill to Hurley, then back on Thames Path and Rose Lane.
Dave 947 5074, mob 07972 580232.
Sat 19 Dec – The Almshouses, 7 miles.
Meet at 10:00am at Goring Heath Almshouses, SU656794, RG8 7RR. Turn left off A4074 at Chazey Heath and follow road for 3½ miles, Almshouses are signed to the right up the drive, park on tarmac car park. Approx 7 mile walk through woods and open spaces. Picnic lunch or snack en route or at the end where a glass of mulled wine will await you.
Hilary 07747 047078.
To all members of Reading Rambling Club.
Sun 03 Jan – Through the Deer Park, 6 miles.
Meet 10:00am Henley Town Hall, SU759826. 6 miles via Lower Hernes, Lambridge Woods, Lower Assendon and Henley Deer Park.
Robert and Christine 950 7696, mobs R 07810 364161, C (on day only) 07587 852659.